Friday, April 24, 2009

Half way there and a name!

I officially reached 20 weeks on Wednesday. Time sure does fly! I had my 20 week check up and things were still looking good. Heartbeat was around 155 and he's kicking up a storm. It's always nice to feel him and know he's ok. Other than that, last week we came up with a name. Here's the little story behind it. We had been mulling over a few names that we kind of liked, but nothing was really sticking. So one night, I got the idea to peruse the Colorado state map and see if any small towns had good names. Adam and I are both HUGE Colorado buffs. We came across the name Hayden in the north west area of Colorado and became hooked on the name. So his name is Hayden James Davenport. James is a family name on Adam's side that his granddad, dad, and little brother all have, so we wanted to honor his family in that. Then I was talking to my dad and found out that I have an ancestor named Basil Hayden! So little did we know we covered both families in our name selection! I am very happy with the name and it just seems to fit him perfectly! I can't wait to meet my little Hayden man in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment